Social and Extension Activities of Department
Department of Botany
Social and Extension Activities of Department .
· Green Audit of nearby villages of Satara through department.
· District level expert appraisal committee.(Gaun Khanij )
· Contributed through Member of Environmental ,Tourism and Heritage Study Group. Maharashtra state.
· Contributed through Member of District Environmental assessment Committee.
· Contributed through Member of Rain water and Solar energy utilization. Satara Muncipal Corporation.
· Contributed through Member of Committee "Conservation of RET species from Maharashtra State."
· Organization of “Botanical Exhibition” from last eight years in LBS college, Satara to create awareness regarding native Biodiversity & it’s conservation, in students & local people.
· Slide show on Biodiversity of Kas Plateau and it’s Conservation presented and giving information
regarding status of rare flowering plants of Kas Plateau to Forest Department , Maharashtra State.
· Participated in “Satara Nisarg exhibition” organized by “Ajinkyatara Farmar’s union Satara,Photoexhibition:Flowers of Kas Plateau.
· Member of “KAAS CONSERVATION COMMITTEE”. Maharashtra Forest Department .Kaas
Plateau , World’s Natural Heritage Site .
· Radio talk on satara Akashwani in local language (Marathi) On sub. “ Importance of Biodiversity of Kas plateau”.
· Associated with Satara Forest Division .
· Interview on Kaas Plateau regarding its Conservation .
· Articles in local news paper regarding Biodiversity and its conservation and Environmental awareness.